Forum Discussion

SamanthaWhite
Community Member
4 months ago

Problems with changing the Next Button State

Help! My goal is to force the learners to view all the layers before progressing to the next slide.

I've tried to set the next button to hidden or disabled  when the timeline starts and then using a trigger based on the states of the objects changing to "visited" to change it back to normal with no luck.

Then I tried to set it the trigger from "visited" to "not normal" - still no luck

Lastly I tried to set up a T/F variable

S1_AllObjectsVisited_TF; the default value is False;
Adjust variable is set as:
=Assignment; Variable "S1_AllObjectsVisted"
When: State of my 5 interactive shapes are "Visited" (also tried "not normal" here)

Then set the next button to change when the variable changes to True- with no result

I've attached the slide for others to look at and try to troubleshoot

• I'm not on a device that can open a .story file right now. Anyway, Elizabeth says it is working.

I did want to chime in about triggers running based on states. 

"Normal" underlies the other built-in states. Thus, there will probably be issues if you use "=Normal" or "≠Normal." (As Walt Hamilton puts it, the standard states are like us: they all think they're normal. 😂)

So, for example, if an object has a Normal state and a Visited state, and you want a trigger to recognize the Normal state, use "≠ Visited."