Forum Discussion

GrahamDWoods
Community Member
17 days ago

Progress Meter Help

I've created a branched scenario module and I need a progress bar to fill up as the person has gone through every permutation of the scenario.

I just can't get it to work.

Would anyone be willing to look at the module and help me troubleshoot? I don't have budget to pay a professional e-learning consultant. So I'm looking for some free community support, which I can reciprocate somehow in the future.

RidvanSaglam
    Community Member

Hi Graham, 

The progress bar seems to be working. But the problem is when I restart the interaction,or visit the previous page,  it doesn't reset the progress bar value, it just adds up. A trigger which resets the progress bar variable can solve this problem.  However, the learner will lose the progress when they visit the previous screen. I guess your aim is to be sure that they see all the possible scenarios. Using different variables and different indicators (instead of one progress bar with different states) might be a solution. Or when they visit the same page, extracting value from the progress bar variable and also changing the state of the bar might be another way to solve it.  

GrahamDWoods
      Community Member

Thank you for your help, I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

• Do share your Storyline ( if it is ) file and im quite sure someone will aid ( if not me ;-)

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi GrahamDWoods!

Glad to see the community has been helping you!

You can upload a copy of your .story file by clicking on the three dots to the right of your post.

After that, select the paperclip/attachment icon to browse for the file. Then click Update.

Please let me know if you have any more questions!