Forum Discussion

LyndsieErick756
Community Member
6 months ago

Publishing is taking FOREVER

Hi everyone! 

I have roughly 30 different projects that I am trying to finalize for a client and every file is taking 30+ minutes to publish.  This is happening when I publish to Review and to LMS.  Did something happen recently that is causing such a slow publishing?  It seems to take the longest when encoding the audio.  

• Hi Lyndsie!

Sorry to hear that publishing speeds for your Storyline courses have been so long!

I would suggest closing down any other open programs and ensuring you are publishing to your local hard drive. Working off a network or shared drive may cause erratic behavior.

If that doesn't improve the issue, would you mind sharing one of your .story files for testing on our end? Feel free to upload a copy here in the discussion or privately through a support case.

LyndsieErick756
      Community Member

Hi Steven!

Thanks for the reply, my apologies at my delayed response.  I just opened a support ticket.  I'm hoping I can get some answers as this is still a major issue for me.  :(

StevenBenassi
        Staff

Hi Lyndsie!

You're welcome!

Great move on opening a support case! I that you've connected with my teammate, Chester. You're in excellent hands working with him, and we'll continue troubleshooting through your case to keep all information in one spot.