Forum Discussion

CleonMcClure-12
Community Member
5 years ago

Publishing RISE to PDF

Greetings Colleagues,

I hope you and yours are safe and well!

The initial published PDF from my RISE module requires significant editing,  fundamental page breaks not in the right place, alignment of images, interactive boxes placed in error.   The RISE PDF is a valuable tool for us, the PDFprovides end-user a workbook/guide of the course materials.

I'm looking for design tips or other options to spend less time revising the PDF.

Thanks in advance for your guidance

Cleon

Be Safe

KevWhite
    Community Member

I too, still find Rise PDF output problematic for accessibility purposes, especially Table Headers. Adobe auto and manual tagging seems to really botch Rise's PDF outputs. 

• Hi Nick and Kev, 

Thank you both for sharing your thoughts with us! We don't have any updates at this time. We'll be sure to notify this thread if we make this change to the PDF export feature in the future!

RickPetersen
    Community Member

Luciana, There have been posts (complaints) here on this issue for FIVE YEARS! It's a most basic feature that a lot of folks need.

• Watching for updates.  The current PDFs are really not useful as published.  Sadly I find screen shots and copy pasting the text of a large course takes less effort.

DebClemons
    Community Member

Interesting read as the thread started over 4 yrs ago and doesn't seem to have much progress to improve the PDF results. To add to the frustration, I've recently been experiencing challenges converting the PDF to Word. The conversion results in unreadable text. Any idea what is causing this?

• Reviving this thread to add my team's interest in improving this feature. We just switched to using Rise as our digital workbook, and now need to have printable copies available. We've recently converted a batch of workbooks to pdf  and are disappointed in how the view is broken up awkward. Please add our request to the pile! We love our Rise workbooks but do not like the pdfs that are created from them.