Forum Discussion

LauraAkers-4c7d
Community Member
2 months ago

Pulling data from outside Rise/Storyline

I am trying to find a way to approach an unusual (to me) task.

I need to create a checklist in Rise or Storyline (something SCORM compliant). The checklist needs to pull from an existing Excel spreadsheet. The reason we need to pull the data is because my group does not own the Excel document and the list needs to be edited (items added/deleted, wording changed) by the group that does on a regular basis.

Some key considerations: 

• The list has 100+ items on it.
  • We need to put it in a Scorm wrapper of some sort so it can be loaded into a Viva (Hence me looking for a way to do it in Rise or Storyline).
  •  We do not need any reporting out--this checklist is for individual use only. No managers will have to look at it and we aren't tracking progress on it. It's literally meant to be an onboarding reference. 

Has any had any experience with this kind of thing?
  • Hi Laura, I have a couple of questions for you so we can better help you.

Is the checklist in Excel and something that folks would need to just view, or do you need to pull data from Excel into a checklist that is in the course itself?

If you're needing to pull data in, then I'd recommend checking out the post that Joanne referenced. If you're just needing to show something, a web object in Storyline or the embed block in Rise might work depending on some things.