Forum Discussion

AmyPriestly
Community Member
2 years ago

Question about google analytics

I have a question about Rise courses and google analytics please.

We create courses in Rise and then export a web package that gets uploaded to our website. We don't use an LMS.

We noticed that we've been getting inconsistent (or zero) data back from Google Analytics for the Rise courses. An external developer we are working with has pulled the site apart and confirmed that the course modules are configured incorrectly - or not at all. Their advice was this:

I have been looking into Google Analytics for the courses - and they are not setup correctly. The index.html inside each of the course Zips should contain a code (which they have provided us).

The bit of code needs to be added to a file in the zip file ("index.html") and then everything needs to be zipped back up again. With this code added to the bottom of the page, before the closing </body> tag it should start sending information through to Google Analytics within the Course Module tab.

Obviously adding this code into every course is very time consuming. Is there something we have missed or can you let me know how we can include this code in the exported web package?

This is not my area of expertise so hoping there is a simple solution!