Forum Discussion

JulieSadtler-85
Community Member
2 months ago

Reach 360 Due Dates

We are setting up an onboarding plan. We'd like to map out what they should take each week over the first few months. Ideally, we only assign and set due dates once. Having to assign manually every week isn't scalable.

Is it possible to assign a due date to a learning path or a different due date to a specific group. Outside of new hires, due dates don't apply to the rest of our audience.

• Hi Donielle, Instead of using specific due dates, you might want to use 'by days'. The timer for that starts once someone has been enrolled in a course. This article has some more information about that. If you have any questions or if that doesn't solve your issue, just let us know! 

JulieSadtler-85
      Community Member

Can the due date be assigned only for certain groups or to a learning path? The only group that would have to complete in a specified amount of time is new hires.

Also, if we select 'by days' I believe we would have to go in every week and assign the courses. For example, we'd like to give them 7 days to complete courses 1&2 (their first week). Then on week 2, we'd like them to complete courses 3&4 (7 days for that as well). This means that every week we'd have to go in and assign that weeks assignment. Is there another way to accomplish our goal?

• Currently, there isn't a way to assign a due date per group or schedule courses. I'll submit those as feature requests, though. 

Since the due date is set at the course level, you could have two versions of the course, one with a due date or by days and another without. If the courses absolutely need to be assigned in different weeks, then you would need to go in and assign the courses to those learners.

But depending on your needs, you might be able to create a learning path with all of the onboarding courses and require that the learners complete them in order. I would then stagger the due dates for those courses (for example, the first week would be 7 days, the second could be 14, and so on). I hope that helps. Please let us know if you have any questions.