Forum Discussion

JasmynFeakes-f8
Community Member
7 years ago

Reassigning ownership of Review courses to other team members

Hi, 

I just wondered if there was a way to transfer ownership of courses published in review to other team members, the same way you can for a Rise course. 

Cheers, 

Jas

• Hi everyone!

We are excited to share that we have released Rise 360 Team Folders! You can now create shared team folders in Rise 360 to organize your content and share content with collaborators even faster. We know this has been a popular feature request and we can't wait for you to finally check it out!

Your Rise 360 dashboard will look a little different but don't worry. You can find all of your content, personal and shared, in the My View section. If you run into any snags or have additional questions about Rise 360 Team Folders, our team is available in this discussion or in a support case.

• Hi there, my colleague is no-longer a member of the team. Before her license was reassigned, she shared all of the courses and content she created. I have all of her courses in my 'Review 360' but for instance, her Rise 360 courses only exist for me to see in 'Review 360'. Is there anything I can do to get the courses out of limbo? I need to make changes and transfer ownership. Please respond with possible solutions. 

• Hi Jaclyn,

Did your colleague only share links to these courses, or was her content transferred upon removal?

If the content was transferred to you, you should be able to spot a separate folder with her name on it in your Rise and Review 360 apps.

If the content wasn't officially transferred, connect with our support team, and they'll be able to share some guidance on how you can access it!

JaclynMcNabb-La
      Community Member

Hi there, the content was officially transferred to me. I have the transfer folders, but most of her Rise courses that she authored are only available via Review 360. 

• +1 on this too. We have people leaving the group and this feature would be very useful. 

JaclynMcNabb-La
      Community Member

I was able to reach out to support for help. There is a feature that allows you to transfer content. My issue was that the person left the team already and I couldn't find the content that was transferred. It turned out that the content was transferred to another member of my team. I love these forums, but honestly reaching out to support was and always has been fast and effective. Best of luck! :)

ChrisBamber-6fd
        Community Member

Indeed, when someone leaves you can assign all of their published content to another user. What would be really useful is to choose certain content to assign to another user, or allow any member of a team to upload a revision to any course within the team space without the links changing.

• Many companies start with 1 account. Then find they are expanding more and decide to move to teams accounts. The huge portfolio of the one account became too much to maintain an overview. That's why transferring the online content (Rise) + the review content (Rise + Storyline) would be a logical step. I hope this will be implemented very soon now. Can you give us an update? or maybe a perspective?

• +1ing this. 

Just to be crystal clear, Collaborative authoring and QA doesn't end with completing an iteration of an course it ends with education product being launched.  Review is a critical integral part of it

As such this is a critical aspect of how ID managers and Multidisciplinary ID teams use this product. Its very hard to transfer review comments to be implemented by another ID. While its understandable and difficult to implement desktop to be collaborative, I don't understand how or why review 360 feedback cant be shared to team members.  

• Hi everyone!

We are excited to share that we have released Rise 360 Team Folders! You can now create shared team folders in Rise 360 to organize your content and share content with collaborators even faster. We know this has been a popular feature request and we can't wait for you to finally check it out!

Your Rise 360 dashboard will look a little different but don't worry. You can find all of your content, personal and shared, in the My View section. If you run into any snags or have additional questions about Rise 360 Team Folders, our team is available in this discussion or in a support case.

ChrisBamber-6fd
      Community Member

This already proving useful and is a much appreciated update! Thank you!!

• It's great to hear that the Rise 360 Team Folders update is helpful for you, Chris! Thanks for sharing your experience! 

If you run into any issues or need help with anything else we'll be happy to assist you!

• To assign a course manager or collaborator as the new owner of a course, hover over the current course owner and click Transfer ownership. Then, select the new owner from the list of collaborators and click Transfer.