Forum Discussion

AshleyClick-3aa
Community Member
3 months ago

Referring to a particular slide when feedback given in Knowledge Check, Final Assessment

Hello everyone!

I have 2 ideas that I would like some feedback for:

1. Knowledge Check within a training module: I would like to give a learner feedback such when completing a quick Knowledge Check within a short eLearning. The feedback would say something like: "Almost!  Refer to slide #X on the topic of  "Y" and try again." In this situation, would it be better to:

• Put the link into the feedback popup layer that links it to a lightbox slide Create (a copy of the topic slide with the information) copy of that slide so that the learner wouldn't have to be bothered would skipping back slides to find the info. 
  • Would it be better to have them skip back with the previous button to find the info on their own. I'm concerned about confusion and possible glitches when they try to come back to the slide where the knowledge check is.

2. Standalone Final Assessment (separate from any training modules): I  would like give the learner feedback after missing the question the first time. I would like to give helpful feedback that didn't involve me putting the information within the feedback template - but contain a link - to a lightbox slide maybe.... 

• Does this seem like a good idea?
  • Would it be better to do it this way rather than summarizing it on the feedback slide itself (it seems like it would be easier to link it to a lightbox slide on the topic)
  • Does anyone have a better idea for either one of these situations?

Thanks for sharing your expertise with me!

Best,

Ashley

• I think light boxes are perfect for your scenario.  There is even a "window" condition you can add to the slides you are lightboxing so that they can show different content is needed when being lightboxed.