Forum Discussion

AlixGrotewold
Community Member
2 months ago

Reporting "Correct" regardless of answer in survey question

Good morning,

I am creating a survey in Storyline to capture results for our Conflict of Interest Disclosure form and am running into an issue on reporting. Joe answered the yes/no questions "yes" so it subsequently brought him to the free-text questions related to that answer. John answered "no" so it skipped those free text questions and brought him to the next set of questions. When I pull the report, it shows that they both answered Correct, so the only way I know John said "No" was because he doesn't have answers in the related free-text questions. 

Is there a better way to set this up, or a specific file format that I should use to get it to report which radio button they're selecting?

TIA! 

• Hi Alix,

Thanks for reaching out!

What LMS are you using and what format did you publish your course? Since this is a survey question, it's expected that both answers were marked as correct, but you should be able to see what answer the learner chose.  This is the quiz data that Storyline sends to your LMS, but how the data is reported may vary depending on which LMS you use. 

• Hi Kelly,

We use Bridge Learn for our LMS. I tried to export it as SCORM 1.2, SCORM 2004 4th edition, and xAPI. I asked the vendor about the reporting and they stated it was due to how I was creating the course. Would you agree that it's probably their system and not storyline?

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hi Alix,

Yes, that's correct. Not all LMSs record responses the same way. Here's the same interaction tested in SCORM Cloud, and you'll notice that instead of a 'correct' response, the actual response is recorded in the reporting section. 

Please work with your LMS support team to see if they can modify how your LMS records the reported quiz data.

AlixGrotewold
        Community Member

Hi Joe, can you please tell me if this was SCORM 1.2, SCORM 2004, or something else? I will be sending your example to my LMS support team and want to ensure I give them the correct information.