Forum Discussion

AmallieAlegre
Community Member
2 months ago

Retain Progress Percentage if 1 out of 2 scenes are completed

Hi everyone! I was hoping to get your insights and help as to how I would be making my percentage dynamically recognize slides completion if in case another scenario was accessed if the other one was completed. I have scoured the entire community discussions and other related progress bar topics but nothing that is intended for what I am developing

Background: Course has branching scenarios with two modules. It has two branching. 1) 1 is for tracking module completion and the other one is 2) if the user completed 1 slide + 1 character scenario (i.e. in my attachment user can either take Paola or Antonio).

Issue: I could not make Storyline recognize Slides viewed if they have accessed already one character scenario. 

Tested Items for built-in variables: (Failed)
- Project.SlidesViewed/Menu.SlidesViewed: Continuously counts if other slides are accessed
- Project.Progress: If other slides in different scenes are accessed, progress indicator turns 
- I also tried creating new variables like SlideVariable with value of a number of slide or Slide.Reference
**Note: Modules Menu are excluded to be counted

Appreciate any help on this urgent request. Thank you!

• Hello Amallie,

Happy to help!

I tested your project file and saw that your progress indicator relied on the custom variable SlideNumber to function. Note that we have a built-in variable called Menu.SlideNumber which you might want to test to see if you can use it in your course.

Checking your slides, I saw that the SlideNumber variable wasn't populating any values (I added variable references so I could see the current values assigned to the variables).

Further investigation revealed that you do not have enough triggers in place that modify the value of the SlideNumber variable. Only slides 7.1, 7.2, and 8.1 have triggers that modify the value.

Please review your triggers that change the appearance of the progress indicator, specifically the values being assigned to the SlideNumber variable. Hope this points you in the right direction!