Forum Discussion

DanielleHolman
Community Member
7 months ago

Retake Quiz Triggers Not Working IF Course Restarts

I have a quiz at the end of a training in Storyline. The learner has 4 attempts to pass the quiz. If they do not pass in 4 attempts, they need to retake the course. A button appears and sends them back to the beginning of the course. That is all working. The issue is that when the learner gets to the quiz again (technically this would be the 5th attempt), the "submit" button does not work on the 1st question. Here is a picture of the slide and the triggers that I currently have. Any ideas why it is not working?

• Quiz questions are switched to allow the user to retake a quiz via the Reset results trigger. That trigger is automatically used by the standard Retry Quiz button.

You'll need to add the Reset results trigger to the button that sends the user back to the beginning of the course. Just be sure that trigger comes before the one that jumps to another slide. (A trigger doesn't run if the program has already left the slide where the trigger is.) 

• If you look at the picture I attached of my triggers, I do have that trigger added, but I didn't realize the order added. I dragged the "reset results" to the top.  It works now! Thank you! That was a very simple fix. :)

JudyNollet
      Super Hero

Oops. Sorry I didn't download and look at the image before answering. I hope you moved the trigger that adjusts the variable, too. 

Yes, trigger order is vital. A lot of problems in the Forum are due to the right trigger being in the wrong position.