Forum Discussion

Carmen8
Community Member
2 months ago

review 360 comment notification mails to clients/stakeholders

Hello all!

Me and my team have been wondering about the best solution to handle the review environment of articulate storyline. 

For now, what we do is that when a client or stake holder suggests a change, we reply to that change with "done", to clearly state that this particular change is completed. The benifit of this way is that both the team and the clients can clearly see which changes have been completed and which one remain that aren't clear for example. The really bad thing of this is, that the client get's a ton of emails from the review enviroment. 

Thus for I have not been able to find a setting to turn of the mail notification frequency for the clients. Is that availdable somewhere?

How do other people go about this? Do you make a general slide comment that the changes have been completed, then what do you do when one change can't be done? 

I would like to find a way that makes life the easiest for the client. I do not want to advice them or attempt to explain them how to create an email filter. 

• Hi, Carmen!

Great question! If a reviewer has an Articulate ID and is logged in to their account, they can mute notifications; however, if they don't have an Articulate ID, they won't see this option. In this case, they will receive notifications for comments they've created, they're mentioned in, and have already replied to. For now, you may consider resolving the comments you've worked on. This shouldn't send an email alert to your stakeholders.

PaulaOBrien-73b
      Community Member

If you export the comments as .csv, you can add a column to the sheet in Excel for your indication that the comment was resolved, and email the final sheet to stakeholders. 

Carmen8
    Community Member

Hello Luiza!

Thanks for the reply. The thing just is that, i would like to remain that the clients can see the comments. Is there an option for this?

KR

PaulaOBrien-73b
      Community Member

Export the comments to .csv and you can refer to it in Excel (or Google sheets). Turn off the comments in the project.

You can add a column for yourself showing "Resolved" or "Notes" whatever is meaningful. In that column, indicate you resolved comments or add notes where you didn't resolve them for some reason. Keep your worksheet to reference in meetings or lessons learned sessions. 

• As an Instructional Design Consultant and Project Manager, here's how I finesse the review notification process. 

Sure, Articulate lets non-licensed people to comment on a course in Review 360, which is a notable feature. Yet, the review process is still cloaked in chaos by default.

Two Problems with the Articulate Review 360 Workflow

• Those annoying comment notifications emailed to every reviewer for every comment (by default)
    • The annoying requirement for anyone WITH a license to log in before they can comment – when those without a license can comment with a frictionless experience

Possible Feature Enhancements

I added these feature requests hoping Articulate will fix these issues for project managers:

• Enable the author to mute all comment notifications for a project or user
    • Enable the author to send a comment summary to all reviewers at the frequency they choose (hourly, daily, weekly)
    • Enable licensed users to comment without logging in (self-explanatory, not covered here)

Knowledge Base Articles

There are two disparate knowledge base articles on this topic that independently show the settings:

How To Finesse the Workaround

As an L&D Project Manager, you can manually combine the use of these features to finesse comment notifications for your review team. Ask the team of reviewers to mute notifications. Let them know that you’ll send out a daily (or frequency of your choice) email summarizing the comments.

What Reviewers Do

Then as the project manager, you’ll have the author (most likely you!) set the frequency of notifications to Daily, shown below, and share them with your reviewers.

What Instructional Designers (authors) Do

At the end of each day during the review cycle, I'll send a link to the summary document that I've cleaned and uploaded to Teams.