Forum Discussion

SteveAboulda453
Community Member
4 years ago

RISE 360- Create lessons outside of Courses

Hi.

I would like the ability to create lessons outside of courses, is this possible?

Rationale:

1. So that lesson templates can be created for modular course building.

2. When I import SCORM content into Canvas LMS, I don't want the extra step of learners clicking "Start Course" before being taken to the lesson. I am basically importing a lesson block into a Canvas course/lesson, so it seems redundant to have that "home page" appear first. 

KarlMuller
    Community Member

Hi Steve,

You could create a Rise Couse with a single Lesson, but you would still be stuck with the "home page" that requires a click to launch the first lesson.

There is currently no way around this.

• Thanks for the response Karl. What you suggest is exactly what I've tried to do, but I end up with that extra step. 

I appreciate the speedy reply.

Crystal-Horn
      Staff

Hi there, Steve. We're tracking requests to remove the start screen, and I'll let you know here if we make a change that will help.

In the meantime, some customers have developed workarounds like the one listed here.

SteveAboulda453
        Community Member

Thanks Crystal. I'll try that out. Do you have a link to the feature request so I can promote it?

• Hi Steve!

Good news! You can deliver bite-sized, single objective-focused training in Rise 360 with Microlearning.

In addition, we've just released a new feature that allows you to turn off the cover page when you publish for LMS to improve compatibility, streamline training, and get learners into content faster. Give it a try, and let us know if you have any questions about it!

Note: You can't hide the cover page for training created from Next Big Idea Club content templates.