Forum Discussion

SarahMiller-3ad
Community Member
6 years ago

Rise component character limits

Hi all,

I'm new to Rise and not sure if this is the correct forum to ask this but...

could someone please point me in the direction where I might find the character limits for different Rise components?

TIA

• Hi Sarah, we don't have an article that lists out all the limitations. Can you let me know what specific blocks you are concerned about character limits?  

BrianSchoeni
      Community Member

Hi, Lea -

Is there a reason the Rise staff cannot provide all character limits by component in a single file or place? As several people have mentioned, it would be a huge help to have that information all in one place any time we are designing/writing outside of Rise. While I appreciate it when staffers offer to share the character limit on a particular component, it often takes several days to get a response (meaning the need for an answer is long past) -- and I cannot imagine it is how Rise staffers want to spend their time (as opposed to linking users to a single file/location with all the limits listed out). Thanks for any insight you can offer. 

• Hi Lea,

Is there a character limit for the accordion block?  I'm hoping to use it as a glossary.

Thank you.

MichelleGould
    Community Member

I'd like to know the character limits for knowledge check feedback and quiz feedback. As others have said in this thread, it would be so helpful to have an article outlining the character limits of the various features so we keep these limitations in mind when we design. 

hazelB
      Staff

Hi Sarah! There are no character limits for the knowledge check feedback and quiz feedback. If you added a lot of paragraphs, it will add in a scrollbar so that the learner can scroll through the feedback.

Here's how the scrollbar looks like.

• Hi! I was wondering if there is a character limit for text placed in a hotspot marker? Also can the text place din a hotspot be formatted (bold, underline, italics, bullet list, etc.)? Thank you!