Forum Discussion

SteveKeddy
Community Member
9 months ago

Character limit on Articulate Storyline quiz question

Hi there, I was trying to upload Articulate Storyline 360 quiz to knowbe4 platform. It is showing one error i.e  406 Data Model Element Type Mismatch: the provided value is longer than the maximum allowed size(250 characters). I saw that this error only comes when i play the questions with more than 250 characters length. When I shorten the question length to 250 characters, error gone away. I want to know if there is  any  character limit on question statements in Storyline?

Note: This error did not come in the past even when I had question with length more than 250 characters

• Is this happening only on the "knowbe4" platform?  Or also when you preview or publish to Review?  Also, this question mentions Storyline but is posted under the Quezmaker section.  Which tool are the questions created in?

SteveKeddy
    Community Member

It is created in Articulate Storyline. This error comes when I intiate the validation process in knowbe4. 

• My guess is the issue is with Knowbe4.  If you are able to publish and review locally, or SCORM cloud, without issue, then it is probably a Knowbe4 limitation.

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Vasana!

Sorry to hear you've also run into trouble when uploading your Storyline course to an LMS! Happy to assist!

As Ron shared, a helpful first step would be testing your .story file in SCORM Cloud. If the errors cannot be observed in SCORM Cloud, then the issue is likely LMS-based. If you still see the same behavior in SCORM Cloud, or if you need our help testing, please open a support case, so we can take a closer look at your project.

Please let me know if you have any more questions!