Forum Discussion

TabathaDrago526
Community Member
5 years ago

Rise Flash Cards

Hello Everyone, 

I don't know if I missed it, but with Rise flash cards is there a setting to have them shuffle so they are not in the same order every time the learner comes in?

Tabatha 

• Alyssa, 

The feature to randomize the flashcards I think is very important.  It will actually test the learner rather than the learner memorizing the order of the flashcards. I don't know about you, but when I was in school I would always shuffled my flashcards and never had them in the same order. Another feature that would be cool is if the learner could mark flashcards to be pulled out of the deck once they feel they have mastered that card. 

Tabatha

Will_Findlay
      Community Member

Yes, shuffling flash cards to me is essential as well!

KarlMuller
    Community Member

Having a visual "visited" state for cards is a great idea.

AnthonyGoss
    Community Member

This is a feature that is not available but should be.  The order is always the same.  

• Hi Tabatha, 

There isn't a way to randomize the flashcards, but you can move the order once you've created them.  When you're editing the content of the cards, hover your mouse over the content of the card you'd like to move, and three dots should appear on the left side of the screen.  You can click and drag on the dots to re-order the flashcard grid or stack. 

Thanks for letting us know you need a randomize feature!

TabathaDrago526
      Community Member

Alyssa, 

Another needed feature in the flash card section.

The cards should change color in the grid format to show the learner they have already visited it. I created a flashcard deck of 60 and it is easy to miss one if you are hopping around. 

Tabatha 

ChrisBusch
    Community Member

Randomizing flashcards is SO IMPORTANT when studying. IHas there been any progress towards this feature?

• Thanks for your interest in this feature. We'll make sure to update this thread once we make changes that will help!

ChrisBusch
      Community Member

Much appreciated. Any idea when that might be? The requests in this thread
      are quite old!!

hazelB
        Staff

We don't have a specific date as we are still collecting requests for this feature. We also update this page for Rise 360 changes. 

• Has this feature been added? I can't see the option but I thought I spotted it before?