Forum Discussion

LorenaMayoral-9
Community Member
2 months ago

Rise: How do you allow the user to skip content and still get a completion status

Good afternoon, 

I'm designing a template in Rise that will be used by a team of 15 trainers. Each trainer will upload at least one MP4 to the Rise file, but in some cases more than one MP4 will be required. I need to manipulate the settings of the template so that the trainees are prompted to cover at least one MP4. There will be no obligation to cover more than one MP4. My current draft template does not allow the user to move forward if he doesn't cover each of the MP4 videos added to each module. Can you please let me know how I can allow a user to skip a section without having to play a video, and still get a completion status? I look forward to hearing from you. Regards,

• Hello Lorena,

Thanks for reaching out!

From what I understand, for sections with more than one video, you need to make the first video mandatory while making the second one optional, is this correct? 

You can use Continue blocks to manage the progress of your learners. For sections with more than 2 videos, you can place the Continue block right after the first video, making it mandatory, and then allowing the second video to be skipped. Here's more information on how to manage the progress using this block:

With this in place, you can select the appropriate completion requirement for your course to complete the course.

If you have something else in mind, please try creating a sample mockup of your course in Rise 360 to help us understand your requirements and share it here so we take a look!