Forum Discussion

TimvanVlymen
Community Member
2 years ago

Rise, unable to remove border on embedded tube videos

Hi, im hoping you can help me. Yesterday I was using Rise to create a layout.. and within the layout I have embedded utube videos.

Yesterday the options were located on the left, being able to turn off the meta data, and then in the settings turn off the border. Now all these settings have vanished. I see there is a new one now on the right, but there is no option to turn off the border? Only on the ones that I inputted yesterday.

Please can you tell me whats happened? Why these changed were not communicated out as I have spent over an hour trying to figure out howe to turn off the borders and I cant see how do it.

How do I turn off the border?

• Hi Tim,

With the release of the new Enhanced Block Settings, the embed block's show/hide border option is moved to the Format tab found when you select the Design button on the right section of buttons.

To turn off the border of a YouTube embed:

1. Go to Design settings (paint palette button) -> Background tab 

2. Uncheck "Use white background on card" at the bottom

3. Go to Format tab -> Uncheck "Show border'

You can check Rise 360: Enhanced Block Settings article to learn more about this update.

I'm sorry to hear you had a hard time finding this setting. This is valuable feedback, will make sure to pass it on to the right channels.

Best regards,

Marvie

InfoZB
      Community Member

In latest update no option available 

• Hello Indo ZB,

As long as the block that you're editing is an embed block, you can find the option to remove the borders for the video here:

If the view is different for you, please share a screenshot of what you're seeing on your end so we can take a closer look at why the 'Show border' option isn't available.

• Follow-up question: How do you remove the border when using an embedded video in an accordion? Is this even possible?

Mike_Marcos
      Staff

Hello Willy,

It isn't possible to do this, but we are keeping tabs on similar requests. I have added you to the request. 

Thanks!

• Hello Tim, 

Just circling back to make sure you're aware that we've since made some changes to make the option more visible and that the border for embedded video can now be turned off in 2 clicks.

1. Click on the Design Palette icon
    2. Uncheck the Show Border box.

InfoZB
      Community Member

There is no such option in the tab options.