Forum Discussion

RuthBatge
Community Member
9 months ago

Seeking examples/ideas

Hi everyone, 

I am looking for design ideas for a course I am creating aimed at young people aged between 15 - 18 years old. The content is compliance based (child safety) and will focus on the young person being able to self-identify unsafe adult workplace behaviors such as grooming, sexual harassment and bullying, who they can go to for help etc.    

I am just in the research stage so any thought on how I could make the course interesting and interactive to young people, whilst emphasizing the seriousness of the content would be much appreciated. 

CodiRouche
    Community Member

Creating an effective and engaging course on compliance and child safety for young people aged 15-18 requires striking a balance between seriousness and interactivity. Here are some ideas to get you started:

• Interactive Storytelling: Weave real-life scenarios and fictional narratives into the course, letting students make choices, face consequences, and learn from them. This personalizes the experience and makes the topics relatable.
    • Focus on Empowerment: Shift the message from "don't be a victim" to "develop your knowledge and skills to navigate these situations safely." This builds confidence and self-awareness.
    • Humor and Pop Culture References: Sprinkle in humor and references to trends, music, or shows familiar to this age group. This breaks down the seriousness without trivializing the content.
    • Interactive Activities: Include quizzes, polls, case studies, role-playing exercises, and group discussions. This keeps students actively engaged and reinforces learning.
    • Expert Interviews and Testimonials: Feature interviews with young people who have faced similar situations or experts in child safety. This adds authenticity and personal impact.

To explore innovative approaches further, consider checking out the courses on our platform, Cambridge Open Academy. Our commitment to interactive and engaging learning experiences aligns with your vision for creating a dynamic course. Visit https://cambridgeopenacademy.com/ to discover a range of courses and resources that cater to diverse learning needs.

Hope this can help. Thank you.