Forum Discussion

LoriMagers
Community Member
4 months ago

Selecting audio file in timeline not working

I am in process of adding closed captioning to an existing storyline course that already has audio narration.

I know to select the audio file from the timeline, then choose options from the menu, to add closed captioning. And have done so, successfully for most of the slides.

however, on a few of the slides, I am unable to "select" the audio file. It is there, it plays, but i cannot select it; therefore, cannot edit it or have the options menu appear. I don't have the original audio files stored anywhere, so i cannot simply add a new audio. I cannot figure out what is different about these, that is not allowing me to select the audio from the timeline. 

Anyone have this happen before and know how i can fix this?

• Without seeing it, is the lock checked in timeline next to the audio clip? If you still can't select it, check in the media library (under View). If you see the clip in the library, you can export it so you have a copy. You can always insert a new copy into the timeline. If you really can't select it or hide it, you may need to rebuild the slide. You can also try duplicating the slide first to see it it resets the audio clip, and then delete the problem slide.

LoriMagers
    Community Member

you are fantastic. that is exactly what it was. I can't believe i didn't figure that out. Thank you so , so much!