Forum Discussion

NicolaAnderson-
Community Member
4 days ago

Setting Rise to open in new window

My client has Totara as their LMS.  They have found issues in the past with pop-ups being blocked, therefore they set the system to "open in the current window" and then have the elearn open in a new...
    3 days ago

Hi NicolaAnderson- there does not appear to be an option for this within Articulate Rise. I checked the publish settings myself and could not find an option to do this, as you can in Storyline.

It would be possible to do this with a little bit of editing to the SCORM package after it has been published from the website.

You can try this by following these steps:

1. Publish your content to SCORM
    2. Extract the contents of the zip file, it will look like this:

3. Navigate into the folder named scormdriver and find the file named indexAPI.html.
    4. Rename indexAPI.html to riseAPI.html
    5. Download the zip file attached to this reply. Extract the contents, and copy and paste the HTML file into the scormdriver folder. The contents should now look like this:

6. You now need to zip the entire package back up, ensuring that the zip file maintains the same structure. To do this, select all of the files in this view:

Right click the selected files, and then select the appropriate compression tool to zip the files back up. The key is that the file named imsmanifest.xml should be in the root of the zip file.

The updated package can now be delivered to the LMS. It will attempt to open a new window and will resize the window to fill the users screen. If it fails to open the window, it will display a message and a button to open the course. Here's a quick video demonstration of how to complete the above steps.

Update: This post isn't allowing me to attach the file. It disappears when I select post. It also says my video URL is invalid. This discussion board appears to be full of bugs.

Here's the video URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu3ji07BY1o

And the indexAPI.html file.