Forum Discussion

MaddieOLeary
Community Member
2 years ago

Short Answers?

Hello! I am looking to create a tool that will allow the user to write a few short essay questions, then show them their answers at the end so they can print or email them to themselves. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thank you!

• Hi Maddie,

Great question! I understand you'd like to know how to create short answer or essay questions that are printable or emailable. I'd be happy to get you some information about that!

First, creating short answer or essay questions can be done in the Slides tab. Here are the steps to create those.

1. Click the Slides tab.
    2. Click the Survey Question button.
    3. Click either the Short Answer or Essay button.
    4. Click Insert Slide.
    5. Click the Form View button.
    6. Type the question.

Next, to make the results printable add a results slide.

Then add a print button to the results slide. To add a print button, follow these steps.

1. In slide view, click your results slide.
    2. Click the Result Tools-Design tab.
    3. Click the Print Button button.
    4. Click your results slide.

After the learner takes the quiz, they can click the Print Results button and an HTML page will be displayed with the results. From that page, they can send the document to the printer or choose Print to PDF to create a PDF they can email.

Thanks for reaching out!

• You might look into Google Forms. You can create the questions, and there is a setting that will allow them to choose to have their answers e-mailed to them. I just found out about it, so I don't know how well it works.