Forum Discussion

JessiMeik
Community Member
4 months ago

Slide Gets Stuck

Hi everyone! 

I'm having an issue where I get to a certain point in my Storyline course where the course stops and I get the three loading dots forever. It keeps happening on the same slide. It isn't an issue with my LMS because it was also happening when I was in Preview mode in my Storyline app. It also happened with another course that I published recently.

Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks!

• Hi Jessi. Can I ask which LMS you are using? We ran into something similar today where a course that has been in our system since January gets stuck on a certain slide with the three loading dots. I tested the published zip file on SCORM Cloud and did not run into any issues. Is your LMS Cornerstone OnDemand?

• I've seen others report a similar problem. In those cases, the program couldn't proceed to a Results slide. The problem was that the Results slide had been duplicated, copied, or imported. Any of those actions cause problems, because Results slides have built-in variables and functionality. In other words, always insert a new Results slide when you need one. 

Another potential issue is that the slide is corrupted and/or has some conflicting programming. 

But troubleshooting is just guessing without seeing the .story file. If you upload it, someone might figure out what's causing the hang-up.

Here are the best practices for uploading a .story file:

• Only include slides that are related to the problem.
    • Be sure objects, layers, motion paths, and variables have meaningful names.
    • If there is proprietary content, replace or delete it. For example, replace proprietary text with “ipsum lorem” text.

The other option is contact the Articulate staff directly. You can do that here: https://access.articulate.com/support/contact