Forum Discussion

RobertLeBlanc
Community Member
2 months ago

Slide master says being used by slides but I cannot see where

I am new to slide masters and am unable to delete a slide master as it says being used by two slides. I only have three slides in the project and cannot for the life of me see where it is referring to.  I tried adding a completely random character to see if that would identify the culprits, but it did not.

What am I missing.

attaching the template for review and input.

AndrewHanley
    Community Member

Howdy again Robert.

So I downloaded your file and was able to delete all but 2 Masters.
    Currently, your Select Avatar slide uses an almost blank Master called "Clean", and the other two slides use another Master called..... "Clean"

This is a good reason why naming your Master's really helps locate those slides when trying to find the culprit for that 1 slide using the wrong Master!

So, right now you should be able to press F4 to enter Master View.
    Then Right Click on any Master file on in the thumbnail view panel (left of the Master Slide in your Storyline interface) - and choose DELETE MASTER.

If that option is greyed out, then you still have a slide using it.

To find the culprit, go back in to the Story view in Storyline (press F4 to close Master View), and in the STORY VIEW, you can easily click each slide, and check its LAYOUT in the "Apply Layout" button at the top.

To make it even quicker and easier, you can attach this APPLY LAYOUT menu button to a keyboard shortcut (eg. ALT+5) and that way, you can really quickly hammer through a whole bunch of slides quick.

....ask me how I know ;)

AndrewHanley
    Community Member

lol. Because I ended up in exactly the same position far too many times to admit.... and it was always in those projects with 120+ slides!!! argh :P