Forum Discussion

BoyanJourdan
Community Member
5 months ago

The voice changes after using a

hi there, I am using the text to speech to generate audio with Matthew US neural voice.

SSML and the fine-tuning of the closed captions are a very good progress in terms of features and customisation options.

A general issue I find is that when using the following SSML tag the voice changes. Example

<say-as interpret-as="characters">ABC</say-as> 

Matthew's voice changes into a different male voice.

Is this normal behaviour?

Thanks

Bobby

• Hi Bobby,

Thanks for reaching out!

I tested the behavior using unmodified text, and text that has been modified by the <say-as> tag and I was unable to observe any changes in the voice of the resulting output. Here's a screenshot of the text that I used for testing: 

We're also not seeing this behavior reported by other users. Since the behavior appears isolated, try repairing your Storyline 360 installation. If the issue persists, please share a copy of your project file here or in private by opening a support case so we can test to see if we'll get similar results when testing using the same file and text. I've included the file I used for testing and the sample published output for your reference.

BoyanJourdan
    Community Member

Hi there Jose and thanks for the quick reply. I used some of the tags from my original file in your file and all was good.

Then pasted longer parts and got the same issue. Quite interesting. I will do what you suggested. Just that I have to go through our IT and that would take time.

Thanks again

Bobby

• I'm seeing a similar issue. I've been experiencing issues where some other male voices are changing and they end up sounding exactly like the Matthew voice. In some cases, the audio will start out with the selected voice, then suddenly change to the Matthew voice. I've seen this both with and without SSML tags.