Forum Discussion

BrianPotts-273e
Community Member
3 years ago

Step by step Screen Recording

Hello,

I am trying to recreate a process through a step-by-step screen record and I wanted the slide to advance when the correct input was entered instead of hitting the submit button each time to proceed to the next slide.  Is there a way to do this with a trigger?

Thanks,

Brian

• Hi Brian, 

Sounds like you're working on an interesting project! I came across this article that talks about a Jump-to-Time Triggers. Here is the link: Storyline 360: Jump-to-Time Trigger.

If your material lends to it, perhaps you can include multiple elements within a slide and have the learner advance through topics in this new way. The article has a video showing an example of this trigger option in action.

This might give you the opportunity to move away from only using the Submit button. It might be a fun alternative for your learners to engage with a new interaction element onscreen.  Even if it's only for a portion of your course!

Thanks,

Luciana

• Hello Luciana, 

Thank you for your response. It turned out that the key combinations did not initially save in the form view correctly, but after making some changes to the key combinations it worked just fine.

Best,
    Brian

LucianaPiazza-6
      Community Member

Hi Brian, 

Happy to share some suggestions with you! Thanks so much for sharing what you were experiencing, it's a learning moment for me too. I'm glad that the adjustments to the key combinations did the trick! 

Best regards,

Luciana