Forum Discussion

MarySolNietoFer
Community Member
4 years ago

Stop video

Hello!!

I have some videos embedded in a course, but when I start playing one, unless I stop it, it keeps playing and the sound overlaps with the next video. Is there a way to stop a video when starting another or when scrolling through the course?
Thank you very much in advance.

------------------------------------------------------

Hola!!

Tengo algunos vídeos embevidos en un curso, pero al empezar a reproducir uno, al menos que lo pare, sigue reproduciéndose y el sonido se solapa con el vídeo siguiente. Hay alguna manera de parar un vídeo al empezar otro o al desplazarme por el curso??
Muchas gracias de antemano.

• Hi Mary! Thanks for reaching out! When you play a new video it should automatically pause the previous video. 

Could you please let me know a couple of details? :

- What browser and version are you using?

- Which block type it was?

- Was this an embedded video hosted on another site or an uploaded video?

Hope we can help narrow things down!

MarySolNietoFer
      Community Member

Hi Renz!

Thank you for answering me.

This an embedded video hosted (Medial) and I'm using differents browser and Moodle APP.

Thanksssss!!

• I've been having this issue as well! 

Even when the video is in a Process Block, clicking to the next Step in the Process Block does not stop the video. 

I've been using Chrome and Brave for browsers.

• Hi there, Mary and Natalie! If you use Multimedia > Embed to add your videos, they will continue to play even as you scroll through your course. 

There is a solution shared in this discussion thread on how you can automatically play/pause your video when scrolling into view.  I hope this helps!

NatalieGraham-e
      Community Member

Hi Lea, 

Part of this jquery package is from 9 years ago, will it still be compatible with the current version of Rise? I'm also hoping to just pause the video rather than have it play automatically. Thank you for the help!

CNavarro
        Former Staff

Hi Natalie, feel free to try the jquery out and if it doesn't work, you can reach out to Zsolt for help. You can either post a response to that thread or you can reach out directly via the 'Contact Me' option on Zsolt's profile.