Forum Discussion

JerryOzbun
Community Member
3 years ago

Storyline 360 Step-by-Step proceeding despite hotspot triggers

I have a simulation I have been working on for some time. Up until now it has worked fine. I'm not sure when things went sideways, but at some point this morning, the simulation will progress even when I am not clicking the designated hotspots. I'm not using any sort of scoring and I have stripped out all but the most basic triggers in the first 9 slides.

So for the first 9 slides I have two triggers.

1. The first is a trigger that proceeds to the next slide when the learner clicks a hotspot.

2. A trigger to show the help layer when the learned clicks a trigger object.

There is also a trigger on the help layer to hide the layer when the learner clicks a trigger object.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

• I'd check to see if the slide is set to auto advance after completion. You can look in the slide sorter view, select the slide, and then select the properties on the right side.

JerryOzbun
    Community Member

Thanks Tom, I had not thought to check there, but they are all set to Slide Advances by User.

I started working on it again this morning and now I cannot even preview the sim.

EDIT: Storyline crashed. Upon recovery I can preview.

JerryOzbun
      Community Member

Thanks, I was not clear in that the slides still advance on any mouseclick, not the hotspot clicks as they should. The crash just resolved my inability to preview the sim.