Forum Discussion

ClareFutcher
Community Member
17 days ago

Storyline content and Edge version 128.0.2739.54 released on 29th August

So, since Edge has updated in our NHS Trust to 128.0.2739.54, on 29th August, any content created in Storyline (2, three or 360) has the following issues while using Totara:

• When people hover over an item that should change states, this is no longer happening.
  • During quizzes, the Continue button after submitting has stopped working.
  • If a colleague closes, and reopens the e-learning and is offered to 'resume', the yes and no buttons are not working / not linking.

Our ICT department decided about 18 months ago that Edge is a safer browser, therefore uninstalled other browsers.  It is all however working on Google Chrome.

Is anyone else having these issues?

Thank you in advance

Clare

• Have you tried republishing some of the content? It may be some incompatibilities with old code.

As edge is built on Chromium and the content works in Chrome it maybe something that has been done to the install of Edge, have they switched on IE compatibility by default?

EricAllen
    Community Member

Yes this is a MAJOR issue for us right now.  Our SL 360 content that was published in the 2020 range that has "resume" is completely messed up by this browser update, and putting us in a really bad spot.  We can go in and try to fix and republish but it's time consuming.

I was hoping to find some type of an updater here but it doesn't appear that it's widespread enough to where Articulate is even aware of the issue.

newer publishes are fine, but the old stuff that "resumes"... its a no go right now in Chrome and Edge.

ClareFutcher
    Community Member

I have found republishing does help, however we have over 65 e-learning courses that will need re-doing and I really would prefer to avoid this if possible.

Our ICT department have been working on it, there is a thought that it could be the capability settings as suggested, but they have looked at this several times and nothing seems to have worked so far.

EricAllen
    Community Member

Does this issue only present upon "resuming"?

It does for us, and when we can manipulate the published output to simply Resume "Always" instead of with a prompt... no problems.  It is the actual prompt that breaks everything for us since this browser update.  And in this particular date range of courses, there doesn't appear to be any accessible code in the output that allows us to easily toggle this from "Prompt To Resume" to "Always" Resume.

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hi Eric,

I'd recommend republishing your course as this is the only way to bring in updates and bug fixes that could fix some of the issues you're currently experiencing. I understand that republishing might be time-consuming for companies with large libraries of courses, but doing so is a good way to "future-proof" your courses and ensure they'll work on most modern browsers. Feel free to open a case with our support team here if you have any questions or need clarification!

EricAllen
    Community Member

Hi Jose, Thanks.  Yes this is the route we are going, unfortunately.  Browsers will be browsers.  It's just part of the game here.