Forum Discussion

Amy_P
Community Member
3 days ago

Storyline Course Exiting LMS Prior to Exit Trigger

Hi everyone. I have an odd case I'm dealing with and can't seem to find a discussion to match it. I have a Storyline module loaded into our LMS, which is Cornerstone. The module works fine until the final slide where it exits the module prior to slide completion. The two triggers on the slide (see attached) are to mark the course as complete when the timeline begins and to exit the course when the user selects the exit button. But instead the slide is exiting the course at the 15 second mark in the middle of the content. When I preview the slide in Storyline, it works fine. When I preview it in Stage (Cornerstone's test environment), it works fine. And here is what's baffling me more...The first time I completed the course in our LMS, the glitch happened and it exited the course before the exit button trigger. But when I relaunched the course from the LMS and completed it again, the final slide worked perfectly. Am I just too close to the issue and unable to see the error, or is this some strange fluke? 

Thanks in advance for any help/guidance!

• Hello AmyPine-88d6d1e,

Thanks for reaching out!

To test the behavior, I added a shape to visually indicate the 15-second mark and then I waited for the course to exit when the timeline reached this point. My tests showed that in SCORM Cloud, no such exit event happens at the 15-second mark indicating that the issue might be isolated to your LMS.

Here's the link I used for testing. Would you mind testing your course in SCORM Cloud to confirm if you'll see the same behavior? If your course doesn't exit in SCORM Cloud, please work with Cornerstone's support team so they can check what's causing the problem in their environment.

Amy_P
    Community Member

Thank you so much, Jose! I am new to SCORM Cloud, so this is a super helpful tool to learn about and to at least know there is nothing wrong with my file, that whatever is glitching is on the Cornerstone end. Appreciate the response!

• Hello AmyPine-88d6d1e,

Thanks for reaching out!

To test the behavior, I added a shape to visually indicate the 15-second mark and then I waited for the course to exit when the timeline reached this point. My tests showed that in SCORM Cloud, no such exit event happens at the 15-second mark indicating that the issue might be isolated to your LMS.

Here's the link I used for testing. Would you mind testing your course in SCORM Cloud to confirm if you'll see the same behavior? If your course doesn't exit in SCORM Cloud, please work with Cornerstone's support team so they can check what's causing the problem in their environment.