Forum Discussion

ArnoWeber
Community Member
3 months ago

Storyline Feedbacktext language overwritten

Hi everyone,

it seems that for some reason the feedback text in Storyline was overwritten for me, possibly after the last update.

Previously it was in German:

Without editing any settings it changed to English:

If I enable multiple (or unlimited) tries I get a weird language mix:
English for correct/wrong messages, German for try again message

In this case it is only 14 questions, but I am kinda worried that I cannot edit any of my Storyline projects anymore without checking every feedback for this error.

Is there a place where I can generally change the text for the feedback messages, buttons etc.? (In the Feedbackmaster I can only see placeholders.)

Any help, ressource or guidance would be greatly appreciated!
Cheers,
Arno

• Hi Arno, 🎉

I have some great news to share! We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Build 3.90.32850.0, we’ve included important fixes and new features. One of the bugs we’ve fixed is:

• Text on feedback layers defaulted to English even though text labels had been switched to a different language

Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer to take advantage of this update, and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You’ll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let me know if you need additional help.

• The Text Labels contain the default messages used in Storyline, including for question feedback. Based on your description, it sounds like the Text Labels somehow reverted to English. You can check and reset them in the Player: 

ArnoWeber
    Community Member

Thanks for the help! Now I know where to change it in general. :)

Unfortunatly it did not solve my problem, so I downgraded from 3.89.32618.0 to 3.88.32574.0 and it fixed it:
    it is a bug in the newest SL version... 

JudyNollet
      Super Hero

Thanks for providing the update that this is a bug. 

Best wishes for success with your projects!

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Arno!

Sorry to hear you've run into this issue! Glad to see Judy has been helping you!

I noticed that you've also opened a support case and connected with my teammate, Ian. As Ian shared, we have this behavior logged as a bug in Storyline 360. I've included your voice in the bug report and will share updates as soon as a fix is in place. In the meantime, as a workaround, we suggest downgrading to a previous version of Storyline 360 where this behavior cannot be observed.

Thank you for your patience. I'm sorry if this has been slowing you down!

ArnoWeber
    Community Member

Hi Steven,

Yes, I submitted a bug report, I wasn't sure if this post would be enough to be registered as a bug.

Downgrading helped and I hope it will be fixed in future releases, it would be a shame to miss out on new and exciting features.

Cheers!

P.S. I noticed that Judy got that hero badge for a reason ;)

EricSantos
      Staff

Thanks for the feedback, Arno. I'm glad to hear that downgrading works for you now. We'll let you know once this bug is fixed.

You are right about Judy. She is a superhero in our community. She is always helpful to others and gives valuable support to other members!

EricSantos
      Staff

Hi Arno, 🎉

I have some great news to share! We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Build 3.90.32850.0, we’ve included important fixes and new features. One of the bugs we’ve fixed is:

• Text on feedback layers defaulted to English even though text labels had been switched to a different language

Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer to take advantage of this update, and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You’ll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let me know if you need additional help.