Forum Discussion

JonnyPalmer
Community Member
2 years ago

Storyline not opening at slide 1 in rise

Hi, 

I am inserting a storyline 'try' scene into a Rise module and having some issues with how it is opening. In the past it has always opened directly to the first slide of the scene, however, the last couple I have uploaded have opened on a black page with a play button.

How can I get it to open on slide 1 rather than have my users have to click on 'play'?

Thank you

JonnyPalmer
    Community Member

Amazing, thank you so much. There was a screen recording action on the slide. I normally delete these, as they are unnecessary for what I do, but had missed this one.

While I have you, you couldn't advise if there is a way I can set any new screen recording and try scene to not have the three layers it adds by default, and to set a default to 'jump to next slide when user clicks hotspot'?

Thanks again for your help

Jonny

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hello Jonny, 

The three layers (Hint Caption, Try Again, Rectangular Hotspot 1) are created by default when you generate a Try Scene from a screen recording. If you'd like to generate slides that do not have these three layers, and that proceed to the next slide when clicking on the proper hotspot, then you can generate 'View Mode' slides instead. 

Check out this article to know more about the different modes that you can generate from a screen recording.