Forum Discussion

SteffiSim
Community Member
3 years ago

Storyline

Hello, 

I need some help with my drag and drop freeform question. 

On the attached image,  I would like to do is match the sun with small w with the cloud with big W and the same for the sun with small k and cloud with big K. If user matches the sun with small w incorrectly meaning they match it to the big K, it should display the feedback message but then the sun with small w should go back to its original position.  If user matches everything correctly, it would move on to the next slide.

I do not have any idea to work this out so help would be appreciated. Ideal if there will have no states and variables created.

SteffiSim
      Community Member

Hello Maria!

Thank you so much for this sample, I appreciate it.
      In this sample you gave, it seems that once user matches everything already, and press the submit button, the feedback message would appear. What I would like to be able to do is, when user drags for example in this case the small sun k to big cloud k, then i would get the feedback message saying its correct and same for the other and if matched wrongly, i would get the feedback message saying its wrong. So basically to get the feedback message without the submit button.

• Hi, Steffi.

Thank you for clarifying!

In Form View, under Drag & Drop options, make sure the delayed feedback option is unchecked:

When you do that, you will be able to create Drop Correct and Drop Incorrect states, and you can use them in a few different ways.

Option 1:

• Create a Drop Incorrect state for each of your Suns (avoid using groups here), where the incorrect message is added to that state:

This is what it will look like:

Option 2:

• Add a trigger to show the Incorrect layer when the state of the object is Drop Incorrect. You will need to do this for all your objects:

I hope this helps!

SteffiSim
      Community Member

Hello,

I am unable to figure out how to do it by option2, is it okay if you could send a sample storyfile?

SteffiSim
    Community Member

Hi Maria,
    Thank you so much! I will give it a go! 

Is it okay to show your sample .story file of the option 2 for reference?