Forum Discussion

S-JBirch
Community Member
7 months ago

Text-to-Speak error when using SSML tags that I can't fix

Can anyone tell me what could possibly be wrong here?

I've checked for no spaces, I've tried with both Neural and Natural voices. With several paragraphs and down to a single word that you can see in the picture.

Always I see the "storylinè 360 can't convert this text to speech. Verify the SSML tags are correct etc."
ARGH!

• Hello all!

The issue is that you can't place a paragraph tag inside a sentence tag. This is the part causing the error, </p</s>

Instead, try this: <speak><p><s>TEST</s></p></speak>

JHauglie
    Community Member

If you are using the 64-bit version of Storyline, this behavior is something that I have seen occasionally, too. 

Try working on your story using the 32-bit version instead and see if the problem continues. If it does, contact Articulate.

S-JBirch
    Community Member

Oh! You're right. I should've made a test in the stable version.

IT still doesn't work, I get the same error as before.

If I use a <p></p> tag it won't work, so I am doing it wrong. This feature feels like it is not completely done, or at least poorly documented by Articulate.

• I have had the same issue. I have copied the example, and it didn't work. I've sent time on the Internet researching the subject, and I feel there are still some issues that need to be worked out at Articulate.