Forum Discussion

MandatoryTra229
Community Member
3 years ago

Text-to-speech in Rise 360

Hello everyone, please how can i add text-to-speech in rise 360? 

• Has there been any update on this? We really want to offer accessibility to all our learners. 

• This is also a deal breaker for us. Full accessibility for all learners is essential.

• Please add me to the list.

I can see the original post was a year ago. Hoping there has been some progress which you could update us all on please?

KateLaferlita
    Community Member

rise360 cant do that as of the moment what we could do is a little bit of compromise. we added an  audio player instead generated from SL

ShannonRankin
      Community Member

Hi- I'd love to see an example. We are running into trouble with this.  Adding a SL block doesn't seem like a great solution but I'd love to see how it looks for you.

DenaPoppe-045e7
        Community Member

Hi,

I export the audio to an mp3 and then add it as a media block in Rise instead of a SL block. I add an image as a background. See attachment.

• I also want a text-to-speech feature. Building a course in Storyline and importing it defeats the whole purpose of working in Rise.

Tracy_Hodges
    Community Member

Yes, text-to-speech in Rise would be very useful.  Please could you ask your clever bods to add this feature, perhaps with the option of highlighting the text as it reads, if possible.

LaurenConnelly
        Staff

Hi all!

We've updated the feature request to include everyone's interest. Thank you for sharing how important this feature is! We'll update you if this makes it on our feature roadmap.

KimberleyBar275
      Community Member

Please can you add me to your list also?  I am currently using this workaround.  Many thanks, Kim 

Tracy_Hodges
        Community Member

I hope that this feature is added to Rise soon, as it is a 'must have' in our ever-changing elearning environment.