Forum Discussion

BeckyTeacherID
Community Member
20 days ago

Text-To-Speech not working on only one layer

Hello everyone!

This story file is nearly complete, but it has one issue that I cannot, for the life of me, figure out. 

On slide 1.4 (Fire Safety Intro), the text-to-speech doesn't work on the layer "intro part 2". 

It works on every other layer. Every other slide. But not this layer. The audio previews correctly when I right click and select preview audio, but will not play when I preview the project. 

Any ideas? I'm stumped. 

• I just previewed slide 1.4, and it played through perfectly. Does it work for you when you preview only the slide? Maybe a dumb question, but have you tried saving your project, closing it, and then reopening it to see if it works? Or if that doesn't help, creating a copy of the file and seeing if the copy works? These are just little things I have done before that have helped me. From what I can tell in previewing the slide and the whole  project, everything is work well. You are doing a great job! 

• I just previewed slide 1.4, and it played through perfectly. Does it work for you when you preview only the slide? Maybe a dumb question, but have you tried saving your project, closing it, and then reopening it to see if it works? Or if that doesn't help, creating a copy of the file and seeing if the copy works? These are just little things I have done before that have helped me. From what I can tell in previewing the slide and the whole  project, everything is work well. You are doing a great job! 

• Brilliant! I literally just closed and reopened the file, and it works now. Who knows? Not me. Thanks for the suggestion!