Forum Discussion

MarilynMcNeil-d
Community Member
3 years ago

Text-to-Speech

Hi, Are there any plans to upgrade the Articulate Storyline text-to-speech functionality to use Amazon Polly neural? Would the licensing fee change to include this option for customers?

• Just to jump on this thread. Is Microsoft Azure that good? I'm looking at text to speech software because the built in voices are too robotic. I've sampled Azure and Google Cloud, Google Cloud seemed like the more realistic voices but this was only on a quick sample.

Any input would be appreciated :)

StevenVoorhees
      Community Member

We use Well Said Labs.  Its a little pricy but they are the most realistic sounding voices I have found, and have like 25-80 different voices available depending on the package you choose.  

SimonPetersen
      Community Member

I am using the Speech Studio, which is in Microsoft Azure, for my Storyline trainings and videos. They have several voices, plus you have a lot of options for customization. How to pronounce certain words, speed and much more that I'm still learning.

I am simply exporting the audio and importing to Storyline. But an integration would be a life saver for me.