Forum Discussion

DeepikaBatra-1a
Community Member
2 months ago

The custom menu not working

Hi team, I tried checking out almost all examples of custom menu shared by you all, however, my menu is not working (slide 1.4). They looked pretty easy. However, I am not able to create a restrictive menu. I created 6 variables for each menu option, set them all False as default. Made them True by the end of each section. I would like the menu options to be disabled, which is actually not working. If I set a trigger in addition to the initial state, the menu option remains disabled. I suppose that it is due to the multiple objects (text boxes and icons) on the shape which are not behaving as expected. Moreover, when the menu shape is hovered over, it shows overlapping text.

Please help.

• If you cut the title text box from the menu shape state, you will notice that each text box has a few more states, such as hover, that cause the issue. Delete the hover state for each text box where needed and paste them back to their original positions. Double check all states if necessary or edit all states so the text box inside the menu shape would not have any additional states but Normal. I recorded a short tutorial on how to fix the issue where hovering over the menu shape shows overlapping text. This issue is similar to when the title text inside the menu shape does not have a default disabled state while the hover state is still active. To create a restrictive menu, you can create triggers as suggested below: