Forum Discussion

JulieBrem
Community Member
4 months ago

Timeline Playhead Not Scrubbing - All Elements Showing at Once

Hello,

Since the update, the timeline playhead is not working correctly. It is showing all text and other elements at once no matter where they are on the timeline. I'm including a screen shot. I am being forced to hide and show text and icons so I can see what I'm doing. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Storyline. Is anyone else experiencing this? Not sure what to do.

Thanks~

AndrewHanley
    Community Member

Looks like its just your timeline setting.
    Click this little fella and it will only show you whats on display at that exact point your playhead is on in the timeline.

Without it activated, your slide will always display everything in your whole timeline; which actually can be very useful at times.

Hope this helps!

ChristopherKjr
      Community Member

Hi Andrew,

I can't play the timeline. I have 3 objects on the slide that are offset so that they appear in an order, but only my audio file is playing. The playhead (blue vertical line) does not move to the right. Also, I can't drag the playhead to the right. When I grab the playhead and drag to the right I only made a selection of the objects and not a timeline scrubbing.

What's wrong?
      Sincerely
      Christopher

LaurenConnelly
        Staff

Hi Christopher!

I see that you've reached out to our Support Engineers and are working with my teammate, Mick! You're in great hands. We’ll continue the conversation in your support case!