Forum Discussion

StephanieBog420
Community Member
3 months ago

Trouble using triggers with text-to-speech and cues

I'm working on a project where students are looking at their schedule and as the timeline goes on, more items are added that the user needs to place on the schedule. I've designed it with a bunch of different drag items that appear on the timeline and one large drop zone. Text to speech narrates everything being added to the schedule. The timeline stops when each speech section ends and then a next button appears to move to the next section. The problem is that some of my Text to speech sections have been turned into a speaker instead of a waveform and when that happens I can no longer move them wherever I want on the timeline. From looking at the forum, I learned I had to change the trigger "when media ends" because that one doesn't allow you to move the section. Instead I added cues. But now I'm trying to do the third part, and the audio section "Audio Radio" is locked in place. I can't listen to it on the timeline so I can't add the cues and I can't move it either. I don't know how to solve this, it seems like the same as my first two (audio intro and audio pre clinic homework) which are working fine but maybe I'm just missing something because I've been trying to fix it for a really long time. 

I would appreciate help.

• Hello Stephanie!

I see that you've reached out to our Support Engineers and my teammate, Robert, shared helpful next steps! Robert is still available in your support case if you need additional support.