Forum Discussion

BlancaSermak-20
Community Member
8 years ago

Undo option?

I don't know if I missed it, but if there isn't one already, Rise really needs an "undo" option. I just accidentally deleted text from a course I was reviewing and it took forever to find the original text to restore it. A simple undo option would have saved a lot of time. 

• I've just accidentally deleted a block in my Rise 360 course, and have been frantically looking for an undo button! It would be great it there was a pop up "are you sure you want to delete this block" option! 

EdwardHoke-8ec6
      Community Member

I know this is after the fact help, but one way to assist with accidental losses is to duplicate your Rise course. I know that this should not have to be a solution since this has been asked about since V1.x, and, it doesn't help in an immediate sense, but it might save you from a catastrophic unintended event. C'mon Articulate! You can do this!

• I just searched for a way to have an image be a link, and this was requested three years ago. Nothing has been done.

Now, literally 2 min later I search for a way to undo. ANOTHER request from users that is THREE YEARS OLD, with no progress.

These delays are inexcusable, especially considering these requests are not anything out of the ordinary. They actually should have been part of the first release of Rise.

Articulate, I feel, is falling behind other authoring tools. Why are numerous requests that are YEARS OLD not being implemented, especially since so many CUSTOMERS have requested them?

Crystal-Horn
      Staff

Hi folks. I hear how frustrating it is to accidentally delete your work and not hit the Undo button in time. I'm sorry there isn't an update right now. We'll post any changes as soon as we can.

HarryCarter
    Community Member

Crystal,

My question is...WHAT ARE THEY WORKING ON if not all of these (none) of these requests are being added???

• Please take the timeout off the undo button when deleting a block. Suggest a button that says Confirm.

• Please, please add an undo option that's permanently available; not just for 3 seconds. I can't believe this still isn't a feature in Rise. It's a basic feature of any authoring tool. 

HarryCarter
      Community Member

It's actually been available in almost all software in planet earth since 1971.