Forum Discussion

NeilForrest-ea7
Community Member
11 hours ago

Using AI Assistant in a Rise Course Template

Hi All,

Has anyone established if you can use the AI Assistant as part of pre-developed course template.

I can see that you can use it within lessons themselves, so what I'm looking for is a way whereby you can upload the source documents for a new development, which retains all the course template features i.e company logos, brand colours etc... From what I can see, I don't think that's an option.

My impression when this feature was first made public knowledge was that we could upload source documents and the AI Assistant would take the information contained within those documents and turn them into lessons, for us as Developers to then refine further if required.

As an example, I've just uploaded a PowerPoint, and all it did was provide a suggested course title and created a course outline based on that title. It was then down to me to create lessons within each of those sections and add content, with none of the information from the PowerPoint anywhere to be seen.

Am I missing something?

DarrenNash
    Community Member

I had the same expectation. I already fed this back to Articulate. It all seems to be geared towards non learning development experts and meant for novices. Same with Storyline 360, it does not provide anything better or quicker, just different. I would not expect anyone in the learning world to open a blank Storyline file and start typing prompts and hopes it creates something. With Rise I was very disappointed so far. Rise is already intended to be used by none design or development experts, I get that, so this seems to be trying to dumb it down a bit more. Scary that Articulate is basically encouraging this. AI struggles as the moment with learning standards and it is not accurate at all. I imported a PPT with 30 slides as a test and it still requires you to either give it a prompt or base it on text already in the lesson or the imported file, but you still need to tell it, what text in the file you want referenced. It will then create text that is not actually referenced at all. It is already quicker once the source material has been collected by yourself. Not sure the point of generating a block based on text already in the lesson...its already done. As others were expecting, like the application Didask, I would expect that we can upload several files such a PPT's Word docs etc and then, based on the content uploaded, ask through prompts, to provide solutions of lessons or even a complete course structure based on Learning Objectives we provide. I would also be interested to know the source of the AI content for the text and visuals.

LearningConsB
    Community Member

Same here. I always understood, I will be able to transform whole PPT into a Rise-Course. But no, just an outline and for every block I have to upload source material. However, it does not even take photos or graphics out of the presentation.