Forum Discussion

NatalieSantana
Community Member
3 months ago

Variable triggered states across slides

I have set up a progress bar of shapes with 3 states on the quiz master slide: Normal, Correct, and Incorrect. Each shape has a variable trigger to change the state of the shapes based on getting the answer correct or incorrect. It is working on each of the individual slides in the quiz, but it is not holding the state from the previous question. I would like the shapes on the progress bar to remain in the correct or incorrect state across all the quiz slides as the user progresses through the quiz questions. I have put four of the slides in sequence in a scene, but in the actual course there are 10 total spread across 7 scenes.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

AndrewHanley
    Community Member

Hi Natalie, the thing to remember here is that the Master slide reloads from the start, every time you move to a new slide. So those states on the blue correct/incorrect circles will also reload to their starting value (ie. "normal")

If you want to make it work and keep the structure as you have it, you will need to do quite a few things - set up a variable for each question which can record if the question has been asked, and if they got it correct/incorrect. (a number variable could do all of this - 0=unasked, 1=correct, 2=incorrect)

Then add triggers on your Master Slide for each blue circle, changing its state based on the variables above. This should be set to happen "WHEN timeline starts".

A neater, more elegant way could be achieved by using javascript here to monitor an array of numbers for each question, but Im not sure if you feel confident diving in to JS.

• Hi Andrew, thanks for your help. Your suggestions worked perfectly, especially for someone not confident diving into JS. 

All the best!