Forum Discussion

AndreyOborsky
Community Member
2 months ago

Video doesn't pause when using Pause timeline trigger

Hi there!

There is an issue occurs with one of the latest Storyline update. I have a video on the base layer along with the seekbar. So I don't want to autoplay it and added a Pause timeline trigger to pause the video until the required action is done. And now the timeline pauses as it should, but the video doesn't pause and keeps playing.

It works just fine when rolling my Storyline back to April 30, 2024 (Build 3.87.32265.0) update.

Will you please check it out?

Attached a simple source file.

Thanks!

• Hi AndreyOborsky and JamesBrown-35ce,

I have some exciting news to share! We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Update 92, we’ve included important fixes and new features.

One of the fixes we’ve included is:

Video content continued to play when the timeline was paused

To take advantage of this update, launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You'll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let me know if you need additional help!

• Hello James and Andrey,

I'm sorry to hear that you ran into this behavior. I can confirm that this is a bug we are currently monitoring, and the identified workaround is to downgrade to Storyline 360 Update 87

I've included this bug in the report so we can notify you as soon as a fix is released. We're really sorry for the trouble this bug has caused and we will update you as soon as possible.

AndreyOborsky
      Community Member

Hi Jose!

Thank you for your feedback!

As I see I won't be able to downgrade my Storyline to U87 as the updates comes so often so it will be gone from the Update to Revision list.

Is it possible for you to share a direct link to the U87 so it sits at the hand in case I need it? I have many project with this feature which is still not working properly for the recent updates and it would be time consumptive to update the projects with the other workaround. This is out of scope, as it always does...

Thank you in advance!

• Hi AndreyOborsky and JamesBrown-35ce,

I have some exciting news to share! We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Update 92, we’ve included important fixes and new features.

One of the fixes we’ve included is:

Video content continued to play when the timeline was paused

To take advantage of this update, launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You'll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let me know if you need additional help!

• This is happening for me too (newbie here using the trial). It works when previewing the slide but not when playing in timeline.