Forum Discussion

susanjohnson1
Community Member
3 months ago

Voice Over - Not working

This is so bizarre. I am updating a rather large course that was created in 2022 that is heavy in voice over and still works now. I updated 10 of the voice overs and have sent it to Review and LMS. What is weird is the voice over from slide is 2.3 layer 2 is playing on slide 2.2. And the voice over from slide 1.4 is playing on slide 2.2. Oh, and if you pick Shannon as a character she has a male voice saying her name is Ethan.

I haven't viewed the slides past scene 2 but the slides are correct if viewed in storyline 360. What's the issue here? Am I going to have to rebuild all the voice over? Oh, and if the voice over must be rebuilt what takes less memory... text to speech via Articulate or a mp3 file? This course will eventually be given to 10,000+ people and to students at prison facilities with not up-do-date computers.

JHauglie
    Community Member

The best solution I can suggest is that you open a support case with the Articulate staff. You can do that here: https://access.articulate.com/support/contact.

The audio mis-plays sound more like a bug than anything specific.

As for the memory question: I think you will have comparably sized files regardless of which audio option you use (the TTS or the *.mp3). One advantage of using separate files is that it may be easier to get the narrative quality you want to keep 10k users engaged. One advantage to using the TTS option is that you can quickly update or revise if needed.

With the additional constraint of "not up-to-date computers" (as you note) then I would probably try to streamline this content as much as you can. Can you break it into separate modules? Can you create some type of pre-test to allow users to test out? Etc. 

Just a few thoughts.