Forum Discussion

GerriTumblin-46
Community Member
2 months ago

White Edge between photo and border

Hi!

I have seen a few discussions about this, but still not seen a firm resolution, and it 2024 now...so asking again to see if anything changed.

I'm seeing a very thin white gap between the image and its border in preview and publish review 360 mode. Really not interested in using the slightly larger shape idea since I have several images, but may do that if no other workaround. I have recently updated as well when prompted.

Attaching a screenshot of one image like this (more pronounced on left side).

Thanks in advance for the guidance/feedback.

AndrewHanley
    Community Member

Hi Gerri,

Ive never actually noticed this on any of my SL builds, but thats not to say it wasnt occuring. I dont normally use the Border setting on images.

What I do know though that might be relevant, is images that have an ODD number width or height sometimes dont align correctly for me. I wonder if your image was maybe for example 345 x 452.... changing it to 346 x 452 to keep everything EVEN; would that change anything.

It seems bizarre, but Ive definitely has things like this happen when aligning multiple images before.

Secondly, from your screenshot I notice that it is only the top and left of the image that seems "highlighted" which makes me ask the question - is Storyline applying a shadow effect to it?!

Like the rudimentary emboss effect in Photoshop, you would get this same light coloured highlight in exactly the same top and left parts of the image, but missing from the right and bottom - just like yours seems to be.

Sorry I cant be of more help, but perhaps a couple of things to try/eliminate anyways?!

Good luck!

• Same problem on my side, whether it's .png or .jpeg, 100% or 50%, tested under edge, chrome and firefox, it's a bug, one more to the long list of storyline.

• To be more precise, in preview and html export, it's all the same, I use the latest update.

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Sebastien!

Sorry to hear you've run into this issue! Thanks for sharing the screenshot!

After testing this on my end in the current version of Storyline 360, I was able to replicate the same behavior. I can confirm we have this logged as a bug in Storyline 360. I've linked this discussion to the bug report and will share updates as soon as a fix is in place.

In the meantime, as a workaround, we suggest adding a background shape behind your image instead of the border/outline.

Thank you for your patience. Sorry if this has been slowing you down!

• I've had this happen as well and found 2 things that have helped. 

First, you can use a fill of the same color and that will color the row of transparent pixels. If the border width is an issue see next.

Second, if the border is applied in SL, remove it and export the image. Open it in PS and crop away the transparent rows. Reload and apply the border. That usually gets rid of the blank rows. 

Hope the helps/works.