Forum Discussion

ChantalMlders
Community Member
6 days ago

XLF translated files error message

Hi team,

I am trying to upload xlf-files, translated by ChatGPT. I have made about 20 attempts with all kinds of different configurations (with html and without, with lessons and without, with a different file name and with an identical file name, before and after having the file checked with an xml checker), but I keep getting the same error message: Check formatting or re-export translation. 

I get this error message when ChatGPT translates only a single sentence in the file. I even get this error message when ChatGPT gives me back the exact same xlf file, without any changes, just saved again. The only time I don't get this error message, is when I upload the identical file that I downloaded.

Obviously, I am following the instructions, so I've made a duplicate of the course, downloaded the xlf file from there, and am uploading in the same location. 

Clearly, I am missing some sort of information here that's crucial to this process. Please assist as this is getting highly frustrating.

Thanks,
Chantal

BeatriceGloden
    Community Member

Had a lot of problems with xlf import too, and the translated files I got came from a licensed translation application. 

My only  help, grinding it one more time through poeditor.com. You can transfer some files without paying, they have a character limit then, but most files aren't that large. And if i remember correctly they have a special export for RISE as well.

https://poeditor.com/