Peek won't record audio

Jan 15, 2021

I am trying to record a quick tutorial with Peek. The video part is fine, but it is not recording audio. I have a mic hooked up to my PC, and have tested it - it is working fine.

5 Replies
Ren Gomez

Hi Signe,

Thanks for reaching out! Do you see the external microphone as part of the selection when selecting the drop-down on the Audio icon?

If not, try reviewing the steps in the article below to help resolve the issue:

If you're still unable to connect your microphone, our Support Engineers are on standby and ready to help get this sorted out!

Submit a case.
Signe Danler

Yes, the mic is visible and I was able to select it. Peek still does not record audio. It works fine on my Mac, with a built-in mic - I'm glad you have the Peek app for Mac!

Signe Danler, Instructor
Master Gardener Online Program
Oregon State University
Horticulture Dept.
4017 Ag/Life Sciences Bldg. | Corvallis, OR 97331
P: 541-908-1307
Master Gardener Online

Katie Riggio

Hi there, Signe!

Thank you for that clue.

Because troubleshooting audio issues can be tricky, this is a great opportunity for our Support team! I've opened a case with them, so keep an eye out for an email from one of our engineers. I'll also follow along!

P.S. Just letting you know that your contact details came through to the public forum. If you'd like to remove it, click here to access the link for editing.

Luciana Piazza

Hi Meagan, 

Sorry to hear you're running into this as well. Happy to help you! 

I've created a video to assist you with double-checking that your external microphone is all set up: 

Peek Audio Check- External Microphone I Peek 360

If you need additional troubleshooting I'd like to send along this article: 

Of course, if you need additional assistance we can assist you in a support case. Our Support Team would be happy to take a look at your Peek videos to see what the issue might be.

I hope this helps!