Articulate Review: Passwords Being Required

I'm using Articulate Review for the first time for my Articulate Presenter 360 course. Even though I have checked the box that allows people to enter comments without a password,  when the reviewer clicks the comment box, she enters her email address, but then is asked for a password. The reviewer does not have any previous experience with Articulate, so does not have an existing Articulate account/password. What can I do?

32 Replies
Ren Gomez

Hi Siesonn,

It looks like your settings are spot on. If your contacts don’t have an Articulate ID and are still prompted for a password, I’d like to open a case on your behalf and dig deeper into why that’s happening. Be looking out for an email soon!

By the way, it looks like you may have replied by email where your contact information came through. This Peek video will show you how to edit it out if you’d like!

Melanie Brooks

All of my reviewers are reporting this problem this week. None of them have ever created Articulate IDs, all of them have reviewed before, and my settings are correct (Articulate ID not required to leave comments).

I watched today as one reviewer tried to leave comments. After clicking on the link, she was prompted to put in her work email, which she did, then it prompted her to sign it to Articulate (she has never had an ID with Articulate). It won't let her comment without doing so. Yes, my settings are correct.

She has tried to go the lost password route (maybe Articulate assigned her a password). Will update you if that works. 

This is pretty frustrating. Can someone help. 

Ashley Terwilliger

Hi Melanie,

I'm really sorry you all have run into such a snag with this! Our team has spotted a few similar instances, and in all of those cases the individuals did have Articulate IDs at one time and that's what we're validating against.

An easy way I've tested this is to add a "dummy comment" using an entirely fake email (for example, I posted one recently with ashley@articulate.com <-- not real) and was able to add a comment without logging in. 

In case you've hit a new unknown issue, I'm having our Support Team reach out to you via email. This way we can look into specific email addresses for you privately and share details. 

Melanie Brooks

HI Ashley,

Thank you for the response. The Articulate user support has been in touch, and they are looking at the issue. Thanks so much!

Partners Group Disclaimer: The information contained in this message is for the intended recipient's use only. It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any error in transmission. If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and notify the sender. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorized to state them to be the views of an entity. Please note, calls to and from Partners Group employees may be recorded for regulatory purposes.